July 11, 2009

To Washington and Back Again

As soon as the spring term ended I found myself on a road-trip, alone. I had planned on driving to Tacoma to do two weeks of EFY, but I hadn't found anyone that needed a ride when I was headed up there. So it was approximately 14 hours of just me and my camera from Provo to Tacoma. By the time I hit Oregon I decided I better actually use one of the rest stops and take a nap if I wanted to finish the trip alive. By the end of the trip, however, I found that pulling off the interstate to snap some photos was more rejuvenating then the nap in Oregon was.
Well, I showed up alive to the University of Puget Sound (aka UPS; an acronym that seems vaguely familiar) in Tacoma and quickly made some awesome friends with the other counselors. We tried going to a Mariners game but all the cheap seats were sold out by the time we got there, so we took a ferry ride instead.
EFY was fun, and exhausting. The kids were cool and made it easy to have a lot of fun. I wish I had the time to do more weeks of EFY, but alas, there is a movie that needs to be finished...
I spent the fourth of July with my Uncle Dale and family before leaving Seattle. It was a blast! We jumped off a yacht in Lake Union, and saw a firework show in Bellevue.
The trip back to Utah included a lovely visit to Emma's house in Spokane, and then a beautiful drive through Montana (it was actually the first time I've ever been to Spokane and Montana). The drive back wasn't nearly as hard because my friend Mitch came along.
Overall, Washington was great! I had some good times, made new friends, saw new places, and now it's good to be back.

No comments: