July 31, 2009

Jackson Hole

Last weekend I went on a camping trip with a group of friends up near Jackson Hole. It was amazing and quite the adventure. We started the trip Thursday evening leaving Salt Lake around 8:30pm. We got to the campground we wanted to stay at sometime after 2am, if I'm remembering right. The stars were incredible and made driving that late worth it right away. The rest of the trip included a near moose encounter in our campsite, rafting the Snake River, wandering around Jackson Hole, driving past the majestic Grand Tetons, seeing Old Faithful, hanging my body out the suburban window to get pictures of buffalo, and celebrating Cynthia's birthday in Paris... Idaho. What a trip! I took almost 800 pictures, most of which I haven't had a chance to do anything with. There were a few good ones, and a lot I probably won't show anyone. But that's just what I anticipate anytime I'm taking pictures. After such an eventful trip it's probably no surprise that we got home at something like 3:30am Sunday morning. Don't worry, I managed to stay awake in church all the way until Elder's Quorum.



2 comments:

kyle said...

'There were a few good ones, and a lot I probably won't show anyone. But that's just what I anticipate anytime I'm taking pictures.'

I'm the exact same way, but I do hope you post more pictures for me to see.

Bobby said...

That picture of the buffalo is awesome. He was so mad. I knew when he started rolling up off of the ground that someone was going to get gored if they didn't get out of the way. This buffalo meant business.