March 25, 2009

The Collision of Man and Nature

About a year and a half ago I took the picture above (It's actually a combination of two different exposures). I used it in an art show and titled it "Please Recycle." The title had a little bit to do with the framing as well, because I made the frame from cardboard. But this picture gave me an idea for an art show that I'd like to have some day. You see, the blades of grass in the picture are actually growing out of a gravel pit in what I would call an industrial area. So what intrigues me the most about this picture is the collision and coexistence of man and nature; or the combination of man-made-inorganic-material and organic life. Since then when I see some subject that seems to fit within this idea, I've just got to take a picture of it. Well my collection of images for this future art show is growing, and below are a few more that I took this afternoon.

1 comment:

kyle said...

I agree, it is a very interesting subject. Man/Industry vs Nature has also always been one of my favorite topics in literature/film, as well.

The picture from a year and a half ago ('Please Recycle') is my favorite of these. When I saw the post it caught my eye much more than the others. I do like the very bottom one, though. Good idea for a project.