December 23, 2008

Orange ya glad that it's my birthday!

Today is my birthday. I am a whopping twenty-four years old now, which just seems weird. I don't feel like I should be twenty-four already, I mean it's just that I imagined twenty-four year olds would have to be much more mature and grown-up. Anyway, I'm not going to say anything about feeling old in my social circles, because when it comes right down to it I'm not that old.
My mom asked me if I wanted a cake or anything for my birthday, but cake during the holidays seems like a sugar overdose waiting to happen. I declined the cake offer. My brothers and I then brainstormed other foods we could put candles in (or at least a candle) so they could sing and I could make a wish properly:
a birthday muffin perhaps,a slice of pie,or how about a Christmas orange. The possibilities were endless, but the orange sounded the most appealing in the long run. So it happened that I had my first birthday orange.

No comments: