June 7, 2008

Tornado Warning

Tornado Warning. That means, warning, here comes the tornado. Not that there might be a tornado, there is a tornado. Yeah, I was out knocking some doors a little after 6 this evening and got a text message saying there was a tornado warning. Then a couple of doors later the tornado sirens started going off, only I didn't know they were tornado sirens and the Mexican I was talking to didn't know either. I suspected that's what it might be but it didn't look like there was a tornado so I kept knocking (that and I kind of wanted to see a tornado appear in the distance). Then about a half an hour later my manager called to see if I was off the doors and picking up the guys in my car. I told him I hadn't. Then he told me I was crazy and that a tornado had touched down 2 miles south of where we were at! Imagine that. I was that close and I didn't even know it. Luckily none of us died and now I know the difference between a tornado watch (chance of tornado) and a tornado warning (there is a tornado).

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Haha, that's hilarious. Tornadoes suck. I'm glad you're okay.